Thursday, June 05, 2014

Vixie's old age was showing again this morning and moreso than her need to go outside at the wee hours as the sky just started to brighten.  As I allowed her out the back door I saw the critter, fortunately on the other side of the fence.  As my eyes focused in on it I realized it wasn't a cat, but instead a possum.  If you recall a few years ago I had to go drag Vix in as she stood barking on the opposite side of the fence from a possum that was hissing at her and standing its ground.

She did notice it pretty fast, so the eyes are still good to go, but instead of running for the back fence she started walking with an intent look.  The possum made it to the far right side and turned around heading back to the left.  Let's put it this way, Vix never got close enough to it for it to even give a care that she had her eyes trained on it. So what I expected to be a noisy first thing in the morning turned out just interesting to watch.

The first pass checking things off in the apartment is complete.  Now for the actual cleaning activities... but that's the start of this weekend, and because I'm lazy as snot, not on my to do list, fortunately, as there is plenty else on there.

No comments: