Sunday, June 29, 2014

I was away again this weekend... this time taking Friday off to go to King's Dominion for King's Fest with the youth group.  I lucked out and didn't have to drive the rented van the whole way, just a little while on the way there and about half way back.  That thing drove like a cardboard box in a gust of wind.  Didn't get to hit the whole park, but the little crew of kiddos that I ran with liked the coasters, so we hit a lot of the good stuff.

In the evenings we went to the amphitheatre for the music, so I got to see Matthew West, The Newsboys, and Sidewalk Prophets.  The girls that were in my room were well behaved and fell asleep earlier than I would have expected them to, so at least I got some rest, but I still could use a nap now that I'm home.  I'm very glad I went and didn't blow it off because it was a mere week after my return from vacation.

I already made a quick stop at Fritz's to stock back up on fresh fruit for the week.  I did eat some stuff I shouldn't have this weekend.  But  my legs and feet didn't hurt at all, I probably needed to get more walking in than we did in the park.  Now to go get the girls from camp, again.  Bring on my next 4 day work week :D

No comments: