Sunday, April 06, 2014

So adding to the emotional concerns this week, mum wasn't feeling well, so much so that my sister decided to extend her visit a bit.  I did still drive down there on Friday, unaware of just how not well she was feeling, so I got to spend a little time with them both, which was worth the rainy and foggy drive back up the mountain.  The weather took another big topple towards cold on Saturday, which dried up the back yard faster than I would have guessed, so at least it isn't a muddy mess.  We're back to reasonable temps today.  It's a bit cool, but I still opened a door and a couple of windows just to get some fresh air in the house.

Since it was way too cold for me to spend quality time in the yard yesterday I decided to do some shopping.  I stopped at the mall where I fed my Vicki's addiction and stopped into the AT&T store.  Turns out, as noted by a friend, they've changed some of their plans and I could get a better plan for less without giving up my phone upgrade (which I am way overdue for).  I dropped the bill by a few bucks upping us to unlimited voice (which was never an issue with my previous limits) and made the both the leap from 200mb of data to 1gb and from 200 texts to unlimited.  Will I use the data?  Maybe after I do some research and upgrade my phone, perhaps to a Galaxy, but not so much right now.  Unlimited texts alleviates past issues for sure.  TJ Maxx and Ross meant a few things for me were purchased that I definitely didn't need, but I also got a few gifts for upcoming birthdays.

Today after church I enjoyed some El Jalisco with good folks from my winter bible study and then headed to hit Ollie's and Big Lots.  Because I didn't have a coupon for either I ended up finding plenty in both.  With Vixen having not felt well she ended up with one of Danika's beds, so a new one for her was in order.  She's not ready to try it out just yet however.  Both stores also had more dog food at awesome pricing, so I brought back another 125lbs.

I've made me to do list for outside and started a to do list for inside.  I wish I was as motivated as the FB friends that are excitedly doing their spring cleaning already, but I'm just not there yet.  Instead I at least decided to tackle some laundry, including the comforter, but I am not sure I am ready to swap out for the summer comforter.

No Walking Dead for quite a while, so maybe I'll get some online research done tonight.  I am prb three weeks behind on my online java class too, so I should take some time there.  I need longer weekends.

No comments: