Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Well that was fun.  I think I need a bubble this morning.  I was out of the house extra early so I was going to stop and have breakfast at Denny's on my way to work, until I realized outside of there that I didn't grab my purse.  How does that manage to happen?!
 
So I came to work and made oatmeal.  The spoon melted in the oatmeal on the way back to my cube.  I try to shift my coffee mug to put the spoon on a napkin and dang near dump a big full cup of coffee across my desk (near miss).  Gah.
 
Take my normal vitamins before the oatmeal, eat the oatmeal, take the heart health pills that I was to start today (phytosterol complex and niacin) and am ready to dig into my day.  Quickly I start to feel warm, then almost burny from the inside out, I know my face is flushed, oy... allergic reaction?  I went to the first aid kit and no antihistamine, so I went to the front desk hoping they had additional medications that aren't in the kits to no avail.  By the time I got down there I must have been quite the lovely blotchy shades of red.
 
Fortunately, one of the guys I've worked with was just coming in and was willing to run to Sheetz to find me some antihistamines (Benadryl).  By the time he came back I was pretty warm, having mild dizziness, and a bit of nausea.  Two benadryls down and I started to feel better pretty fast.  I'm back in my cube and freezing cold again (back to normal).
 
I know there is what is referred to as a "Niacin flush" but I am telling you if that redness and burning sensation can be dumbed down to call it a 'flush' ya'll are crazy.

No comments: