Sunday, February 09, 2014

This past week was one cancellation after another, so it's been a lot of lonely evenings at home w/ the fuzzy ones and little to do other than play Candy Crush or clean.  Guess which option won out?  Friday at work was just a nightmare fighting with the computer at work that reminded me of how inept I feel all too often.

I want more, I want different, I want to have a life - some type of enthusiasm for each day rather than just wishing the weekdays away to get to another weekend  only to realize that I'm bored on the weekends too.  I just don't know how to make things change.  If I can't garner the confidence in my skills to think I can even apply for another job, how do you escape?  There is always 3 or 4 somethings on their required list that I do not have in my quiver.

I'm still pressing forward w/ the java class, which is going well enough, but there is a huge leap and bound from syntax and understanding what you need to do to accomplish a function versus being able to pull a ton of files together, understanding branching, make files, and the other assorted insanity.  Most of my frustration at work wasn't even code, it was just getting an environment back to square one - the moments that make me think computers just hate me.

Today the youth group was to go snow tubing, which was a stretch for me, but I was going to give it a go.  Get this, the snow (of course) started coming down too hard for us to go.  Re-read that and think about it.  I hate Johnstown all too often.  Instead we ended up bowling, which I enjoyed even though I stink.  I am probably going to be sore tomorrow (yes, from bowling two games).  It's probably a good thing that I can call this outing the highlight of my weekend, but it's just sad that it was the highlight of my weekend because outside of the new episode of The Walking Dead tonight, that's all I really had going on.

With the evil holiday coming up, my hopes for my mood elevating aren't high, so I apologize now for any grumpy posts later in the week.  In advance I'll say I want a dislike button on facebook for every single one of you that post pictures of "what my sweetheart sent me!"  gag.

No comments: