Thursday, February 06, 2014

Today was the primary yearly trip to the vet for the girls.  I say primary because heaven knows we end up back there for something at some point in the year.  Since Danika was due for her rabies shot as well as other routine vaccines she'll need to go back in two weeks to get the other vaccines.  She and Vixen put on a little weight where Saffy lost a pound (go figure, the skinny one lost weight).

I was also pleasantly surprised to collect stool samples from all three after work so I don't need to stink up my car again this year.  With the ice across the snow it's been entertaining to see the dogs trying to walk on eggs as to not pop through the ice-shell.  Me on the other hand, not so fun to crunch down through in the pursuit of said specimens, carefully placed by three dogs in three separate parts of the yard.  Thanks guys.

Vixen is doing great for her age, but we do have a sore on her "growth" that I need to tend to.  I say growth because we're not sure if it's just a fatty tumor or if it is a result of her spay incision opening back up.  Regardless it doesn't seem to bother her, so it's just a matter of keeping things healthy and uninfected.  In this case I need to go find some vitamin e, the ones that you can snip open or pure liquid to put the 'oil' on the spot.  If she licks it off, unlike neosporin, it might still do her some good.  We're hoping that it's simply from the dry weather combined with the rough icy-snow outside causing the abrasion as I've not witnessed her licking or chewing at it.

No comments: