Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Label this as the demonstrated distrust of human beings in general:  Last night after I stepped into the kitchen to make myself a bite for dinner someone started knocking rather forcefully on the front door.
 
One thing you need to know about me is that if I'm not expecting you chances are I'm not coming to the door, especially after dark.  Now, had I been in the bedroom I could have snuck a peek out the front window to determine who it was, but from anywhere else I'm unable to see without being seen through the sidelight at the front door.
 
The real distrust is that my thought processes are:
1).  Dang, I'd need to pass where I could be seen to get to the bedroom in order to protect myself.
2).  (A while later) Is it okay to leave the dogs out back?
 
Lesson learned, I just gave myself an excuse to make the other purchase I've wanted in the relatively near term, then I can access a safety tool in the living room too.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Thanks for being smart and safe.