Saturday, February 22, 2014

My mom is pretty awesome.  I went to visit today and when I arrive she tells me we're having "Thanksgiving".  This in her world means an obscene amount of food.  While I love that woman's cooking, and I am grateful that she made me this awesome meal, I am more grateful that she's feeling well enough to even tackle something like this.  So yes, I ate turkey breast, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, brussels sprouts, carrots, and stuffing... and double yes I have leftovers here with me.

I did some grocery shopping for her while there and then as the sun warmed the day I went out and chipped away the ice along the back sidewalk.  At least now she'll have safe passage to get herself off to church, at least until more of the mess comes our way.

On the way out of town I stopped at Old Navy, expecting that I probably wouldn't find anything.  I was in heaven, everything has anchors/anchor print on it!  Maybe 6 months ago I hunted everywhere online for a shirt w/ an anchor and came up empty (on something that would fit and wasn't more than I was willing to spend).  So, now I have a skirt, a tee shirt, and a button down.  I'm set, so I guess I need to book another cruise, right?

No comments: