Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas cyber-friends!  The weather has been cold, but clear, so that was a blessing for today.  We did get a dusting of snow yesterday as to give us a slightly white Christmas.  I crossed off a significant amount of my wish list, which is just ridiculous.  I put TOO much on there on purpose folks!  Mom was also very pleased that I didn't squabble about the jacket or sweater she bought me.  Hopefully I can keep myself from sullying the antique white of the sweater in the first couple wearings.  One thing that disappeared from the stores before it could be snagged was a delightful smelling hand soap from Bath and Body Works.  Since it is out of the store already I treated myself by placing an order on ebay.

I slept in yesterday trying to squash what is left of the mess going on from my neck up.  I think at this point I've knocked out the heft of the cough and I may have escaped it from settling in my chest.  In the mean time my sinuses and eyes continue to burn like crazy.  I don't think there is infection involved as all is clear so to speak, but this is not pleasant.  If I'm in lights the burn in my eyes intensifies and it drives me to sneezing.

The girls unwrapped their gifts on Christmas eve before I headed to our 11pm church service.  They absolutely loved their presents from Aunt Jackie.  Santa and I have taken to only bringing treats to get us through a significant part of the upcoming year.  Yes, I also give the fuzzy equivalent of socks and underwear:  a new collar for Saffy and heartworm preventative for all

No comments: