Saturday, December 21, 2013

I can't believe we're only a couple of days from Christmas.  Again I repeat, where did this year go?  The past 24 hours are a good blur too.  I had a headache start to set in after lunch on Friday.  With the weather so nice, despite the pain I pulled myself off of the couch to make sure I made it to SS's annual holiday shindig last evening, but only after I caught up with my Aunt and Uncle for Rey's.  Note that Rey's was not a cure for the headache, nor was the tylenol sinus/allergy I took around 2pm, or the excedrin tension I took around 7, or the axert (way to freaking expensive prescription migraine medicine) that I took before attempting sleep around 1:30 in the morning.

I already wasn't going to get much sleep, but when I did wipe out I didn't rest well thanks to the pain, it was definitely one of the worst ones of the year, those that you simply cannot find a comfortable position and the only thing you can do to sooth yourself is to moan and whine while rubbing your skull.

This morning I did it, I took the very last excedrin sinus that I had, which to my knowledge is STILL not back out on shelves.  This to me spells doom for the next huge shift in weather.  Yes, I'll take the pain to give us a jump into the 50 degree temps (but I'll pass on all of this rain), but in the midst of said pain should this product not be back on shelves when I need it again, expect me to be really whiny about it for a couple of days until it passes.

I needed to get moving today to head to mom's.  She made me a quick breakfast and she was ready for a nap, so while I still had a little bit of residual pain dancing behind my eyes I too closed my lids for a few minutes.  Then it was time to head to my Aunt on my father's side as my cousin is in from CT.  We had a great visit, for which I am very thankful.  So, that brings me here.  I'm trying to get some laundry done as I know the next few days will be busier than I realize and I need to get a jump start to stay barely behind.

No comments: