Monday, December 02, 2013

I can't believe my super long weekend is over already and I'm back to it.  Without internet access I'll admit there were some moments of anxiety over the weekend.  So many things were scribbled down that I need to do as soon as I regain access.  It's rather shocking how much I rely on my access.  Heck, even getting ready to call my Aunt on Saturday, when I realized I didn't save her number in my phone.  Now what?!  So, I used a little of my data plan to get the info I needed.
 
That accomplished I did head back down the mountain on Saturday, primarily to go to my class reunion, but I stopped in at my Aunt's before to give her copies of the information I've found on our ancestors on dad's side.  It was interesting to see her reaction to some of it as it surprised her as well.  Hopefully Pap won't be waiting for me when my day comes asking "why did you dig that up and share it?!"
 
So, the class reunion... well, it was disappointing.  Only 53 people reserved for Saturday night (that includes guests) and there remained a full table and other seats sitting empty.  I sat with Jill, whom I had reconnected with earlier in the year due to a hospitalization on her part, and chatted for a while with one classmate that I went to school with from elementary up, that was nice, but other than that, there really wasn't much going on there.  I guess there was 3x as many folks there the night before, at the bar.  *rolls eyes*  I did get a shock with one of the folks who never spoke to me being pleasant, but other than that, nothing has changed in 20 years.  I really wish some of my old friends that aren't very technologically savvy had been there.
 
Sunday night was not only the mid-season finale for Walking Dead, but it was also the last night in my bible study, so that's kind of sad.  I really enjoyed getting together with everyone each week. 

No comments: