Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Today is the big day.  My access should be restored by 9:15pm.  Hopefully I'll still go to bed at a reasonable hour.  There really is a long list of things I need to do online at this point.
 
Last night I drug the Beff along with me to a women's dinner at Rizzo's.  I am in an eat like a fiend mode at the moment, so the meal was extra enjoyable.
 
This morning I was woke way too early by a chirping noise, which I quickly assumed was the smoke detector bitching about the battery.  You'd think these things would have light sensors and not have their hissy fit in the middle of the night.  So I was up to pull the battery.  Yes, yes, I also did a quick inspection in the house and down the basement stairs just to make sure.  Shortly thereafter, more chirping.  Back up to find it was actually the battery in the carbon monoxide detector.  Mind you, this thing plugs in, so why exactly does it have a battery?  Everything unplugged and battery free Saffy was happy (the chirps from those things send her into a tissy) and I returned to bed for my last hour.  This of course means the alarm scared the crap out of me this morning and I woke tired just from things being a bit off kilter.
 
The good news here is that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I'd hear these going off in the middle of the night!  The bad news is that it also made me think about other things such as:  should I put a smoke detector in the stair well coming up the basement too?  Then I also realized that with the current set up of my bedroom my immediate escape route in a fire with the girls is not very convenient.  Oh how quickly my mind gets drawn into processing.

No comments: