Friday, November 29, 2013

I'm officially loosing my mind.  I am without internet access at home.  Wednesday afternoon I headed home to do a little bit of reading for work and march into my long holiday weekend.  Well, I couldn't get a connection and restarted the modem a couple of times as I am use to needing to do.  It is 9 years old after all.
 
I then decided to call Verizon to see if there was a known issue.  They tested my line and told me they believe it was my modem, that they'd order me a new one.  Ok.  Time to receive:  two business days.  But wait, it's Wed before Thanksgiving, so that's Friday... Monday.  GAH!  For your little blast of comedy here, I sat down on the couch in a bit of a huff at one point that evening and riiiiip.  My favorite flannely around the house pink comfy pants split at the ass.  Nice.  Mind you this is pre-Thanksgiving meal.  *shakes head*
 
But wait, it gets worse.  Early the next morning I thought about it.  After returning from Tgiving dinner I decided to dig out a phone and plug it in.  I still am able to make calls, so I was curious.  No dial tone.  So I called back Thanksgiving evening and they were able to say that they now recognize that there is a voice outage that effects me.  So, wait, you "tested my line" and didn't see that there was a problem w/ the phone on Wed night?  Whatever, I've got a new modem on the way, but the line might come back up sooner, awesome... until they say that it should be resolved by Wednesday December 4.  A WEEK?  The phone line will be down for a week?  How is that slow of repair acceptable in this day and age?  *sigh*  I am definitely in withdrawal already, thus I stopped at work on a day off to read through what I'm missing.
 
So to end on a positive note.  I just want to say that I am still calling my Thanksgiving blessed.  Not only did the roads stay clear, allowing me to spend another Thanksgiving with my mother, but also I got to see two cousins that I have not seen in a very long time since we spent it at my Aunt A's.  It was also interesting to meet my cousin's significant other, who is an artist.  As we spoke and I asked about his work he showed me some images on his ipad and they instantly looked recognizable to me.  I'm pretty sure this is the stuff they sell at the one local country-type store, which he said was very likely.  I can't wait to pop in there and check out the names at the bottom right.  How neat!
 
I hope everyone had a good holiday blessed with their families and friends.  I also hope you laughed off a few calories reading this post.

No comments: