Monday, December 16, 2013

Autumn (the Durango) headed to Wagner's today.  Turns out it is a wheel bearing, which they had and were able to replace, however the bolts they had to remove as part of that assembly (my phrasing, might not be a good way to say it) were quite rusted and not going to go back in.  That would be the part that no one in town had, yep, the closest ones are in Cleveland, go figure.  They are ordered and if the weather cooperates they should be here tomorrow.  This means I had to rely on the kindness of Beff to bring me home from work and to take me there tomorrow.

They are also going to do whatever they said (resealing?) the tires as I've been having a hard time keeping air in 3 out of 4.  Probably another victim of corrosion exacerbated by the evil stuff they spray on the roads in the winter.  I know I should just appreciate that it clears the roads, but the fact is, around here, they don't really clean the roads, so really, why throw crap on them if you're not going to remove the snow and slop first?

Wait, they do clean one road rather well... the one in front of my house.  Richland seems to be excited that my vehicle isn't here, so they don't even need to slow down as they turn the corner throwing the slop up onto my property.  There were huge ice masses chucked into my parking area.  Thanks.

No comments: