Friday, October 11, 2013

The week went pretty fast and as beautiful as last weekend was, this weekend looks to be rainy.  Since I last checked in we did manage to get the flight booked (without that fee *smile*) and a few other details worked out.  I'm starting to panic since it is technically the middle of October and Christmas will be here before I know it.  I'm more ill prepared than I have ever been for the holidays this year and the ideas for most simply are not coming.  I did pick up another gift this evening, a hand made one from the most talented lady owner at Everyone Drinks.

It is also to that time of year where, as it grows dark so much earlier, I am ready for bed way too early.  Last night I could have crawled into bed at 8 had my sister not called and tonight here I am ready again, before 8.  To think I already did that gift pick up and stopped at a happy hour briefly.  Yes, another friend is departing the area.  What's the count for the past two years now?

I've been pondering longer term exit strategies to make it less painful when the time comes.  As I get closer on paying off the mortgage I can consider other options.  Maybe buying land, but then there is the upkeep from a distance or the press to build immediately, maybe just stockpiling so much cash that to hell w/ needing a mortgage at the next place... yeah, I don't want to be here that long, but you get my point.

No comments: