Sunday, October 06, 2013

Yay for the weekend.  The weather was absolutely beautiful (minus a bit of an unexpected downpour on Friday night).  Johnstown made it near if not into the 80s today.  Beff and I headed towards Greensburg on Saturday with designs on stopping at the Latrobe airport to book a flight with Spirit Airlines.  We were quite disappointed to see that they only sell tickets there at the airport from 9am-5pm M-F.  Gee, how convenient.  So, there is no way you can reduce your cost by $34 ($16.99 fee each direction) unless you don't work, which means you can't afford a flight in the first place.  Boo. Maybe booking with them just isn't meant to be, I guess we'll see.

Granted, it wouldn't be worth it to drive out there just for that, so we had planned on some shopping.  I didn't find a single Christmas gift however, go figure.  I should know better than to try mall type areas for holiday shopping, I always strike out.  After returning back to the Jingle we headed to my first Tomahawks game since a coworker gave me a set of tickets he had won.

I also tried to use the $5 gift "card" (credit card) I got for purchasing paint from Home Depot for the second time and AGAIN had issues.  Seriously, just send me a regular gift card or a check that I can deposit.  A credit card that is supposedly worth only $5 but runs and processes for more than that simply confuses the hell out of companies and results in an inability to use the damn thing.

Today was all about church, vacuuming, brushing dogs, scraping old stickers off of car windows, and grocery shopping.  Exciting, right?  I really need to get some other cleaning done.  One more week until the Walking Dead season premiere!  You know I can't wait.


No comments: