Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Once again blogger is being contrary.  Gee, I'm so glad that they;re now owned by google... so reliable.  :/

Anyhow.  Today was quite the interesting day.  I am not at liberty to talk about it, but if you know me and have a finger on the pulse around Jingletown you know what went down today.  I guess it's kind of wrong to have the point of view of it being a good day?  I have been up way too late the past few nights and behind on things, so I used today to get caught up on several things and to run to deal with a few other things that had been put off.  Feeling caught up definitely eases my stress a little, so thus it was a good day.  Back to the normal tomorrow.


It was a very warm day today, warmest in a while, so I popped out to peek where the bees were.  Keep in mind I tried to plug the holes this past weekend because I thought they were dead after the spray into the hole w/ the nozzle.  Yeah, not so lucky.  So the opposite that now they're instead coming up through the ground (somewhere).  Not surprising, but frustrating.  Since you cannot buy the professional powder and the other options are around $50 for a full gallon of the powder (dear God why would I need that much), I am trying some home remedies and we'll see how they fare.

Tonight after the sun went down I tried the most basic:  hot soapy water, a whole bucket full.  I wrapped myself up in long pants and a hoodie sweatshirt tightened around my head just in case I pissed something off.  I have very little hope for this, but I might give it two nights worth of passes - tomorrow with boiling water.  It works on ants. :)

No comments: