Saturday, August 17, 2013

Last weekend while at my mom's I asked if she was going to make a trip up to my place to see my new dining room floor once the weather held cooler.  I had end of September or October in my mind... so when she called on Wednesday wanting to come up the next day I was floored.  I asked her to hold off a day to give myself a chance to clean and get it a little closer to mother-presentable and so I could convince her to stay the night into the weekend.

Surprise, suprirse, I spent most of Thursday night cleaning.  After work on Friday I came home and got dinner started before mom arrived.  So far we've eaten, slept, eaten, and she's sleeping again.  The girls were very excited to see Grammy, so much so that Saffy did catch her requiring a band aid.  I still maintain that my desire to hang tight and keep Saffy at bay was necessary, but given where I get my stubbornness from, someone kept telling me she was fine and could handle if Saffy was being spunky.  So I had stepped away to finish cooking last night's dinner when it happened.  Since then Saf has been chilled out, fortunately, the last thing I want is for anyone to inadvertently hurt mom.

The girls each got their own egg this morning (again- surprise, surprise) and are also sleeping out in the sun on the deck.  I'm also happy to report that mom said she can't smell dog, which means that the combination of removing the dining room carpet and employing the ozone generator to negate the caught odors has worked!  Not sure what her plans are for the rest of the day.  That said I may or may not get down there to scrub down living room walls as I had originally planned to do before she called with her intentions to visit.

No comments: