Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Happy birthday to my Miss Danika Nicole.  We've spent just over 6 years together of her 8 years in this world, and I can't believe it's been that long - time flies.  She remains my most mellow and laid back fuzzy child.  Her thyroid medication continues to keep her moving well enough.  At some point I'm going to stop citing what we did for an individual dog birthday, as it is our tradition to go to PetSmart and then to get some ice cream.  Dani also got a new dog bed for the living room last weekend.  The previous one was a bit small for her, but she always crammed into it, demonstrating her love for the bolster style bed.

On a bright note, it looks like the first of my "Early Girl" tomatoes are starting to ripen.  I really think they need to all hurry... for those not in the area I'll just state that it is presently 59 degrees and we didn't hit 70 today.  Autumn is truly already here.  I can hope for a nice burst of warm to help more turn quickly, but I suspect I'll be loosing a lot of the small tomatoes or those that are still but blossoms.  Amusingly, several of the plants are taller than I am.  Is there a way to get a tomato plant to stop growing upward and to get on the fruit making earlier?  I suppose I'll have to do a little reading.

No comments: