Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I hate the feeling when you are struggling to be happy for someone else.  I mean, you're happy for them, but you're too sad for yourself (read:  jealous) to genuinely be happy.  You'd swear I'm PMSing yesterday and today with the thoughts floating through my mind.  Everything seems to come back to how much easier things would be with help, that assumed other person to assist in every day things, the other half.

Let's look at the dining room floor:  I managed to get everything out of there but the table and my secretary by myself.  The guy doing the work helped me lift the top half off of the secretary and carry it into the kitchen, then we slid the bottom half (together it was too tall to go through the doorway).  After it is sealed it needs to sit for a couple of days and then I can move things back in.  Needless to say the last thing you want to do is slide anything across that floor, right?  Yeah.  Great.  I had similar realizations of additional challenges last night too, so this just compounded my frustration, now there are the posts on FB that spawned the "I want to be happy for you but I can't be" thoughts.

This can't be the way things will be for the next 40 years.  Someone around here has to know someone who is awesome (and single, and more than just someone to lift heavy stuff).

No comments: