Sunday, July 14, 2013

I did my grocery run yesterday and a few things around the house before I headed to Eggs' to help him finish up the cleaning so his place can go on the market.  Let me tell you how achy my lower legs are from going up and down his stairs and ladder.  This is another bittersweet time for me, as his house goes on the market today, and I prepare to see another friend move away from the area.  On the other hand things look good for him and, I have to admit, it gives me hope for my own departure (someday).

Today I allowed myself a stop at TJ Maxx, Ross, and Bed Bath and Beyond after church, then to the normal Ollies and Big Lots stop.  I successfully didn't really buy much for myself, but started my Christmas shopping!  Shockingly one of the harder people to buy for is one that I managed to pick something up for, my sister's husband, so that's a huge score in my book.  The other is someone I could probably find 100 things for if I allowed myself to keep shopping.  Oh, and part of a birthday gift was acquired... the rest was locked up today, darn blue laws, so I'll need to swing past the liquor store one night this week.

It's rather warm out there today, so I was sweating it up pretty good when I headed out to pull some weeds (a whole huge garbage bag full).  I sprayed down all along the back fence line with puppy safe weed killer too, let's see how much of it dries up as desired.  A quick peek at the tomato plants and I'm a day or two from picking my 5th cherry tomato!  Of course, if I look closer at the early girl plants they've shot up quickly in the past two weeks growing tremendously, but not a single piece of fruit starting to grow.  If you recall, I planted just before Memorial day, so you'd think the 45 day to fruit would be taking place pretty darn soon.  In the mean time, the roma plant definitely has some starting to form.  I bet they are ready to eat first.

No comments: