Monday, June 10, 2013

Before I headed to the work picnic on Saturday I called mom and committed to heading down there on Sunday.  Sunday was also the 25th anniversary of my father's passing, so I guess I can say it felt right to head home for the day.  I can't believe it's been so long.  I was fully expecting the chilly, rainy weather to hold all weekend... so I had written off getting the decks re-sealed.  I was pleasantly surprised when it warmed up and the sun crept out at the picnic.  I went dressed for the colder weather, so as it warmed up I was ready to leave.  I wanted a nap something fierce too, so I didn't last super long.  I did nap when I got home and still managed to get to bed at a reasonable hour.

Woke up at 7 Sunday morning, as I often do, put the girls out and then crashed back out on the couch for 2 more hours before heading to Altoona.  Mom cooked, and we ate way more than anyone should at one meal, as is often the case when I visit.  Then we took a nap.  What a productive weekend, huh!  I've been having strange dreams and not feeling like I'm getting into a good sleep, so that is probably why I am ready for bed now too.

Oh, and my custom backstrap arrived today!  It's pretty sweet.  Now I need to get out and do some more practicing to enjoy it.

No comments: