Saturday, June 08, 2013

Go figure.  I no sooner order dog food, then I walk into one of my discount stores and find my brand of food at a good deal.  *sigh*  I couldn't resist, so I bought another 5 bags.  Petco 5 bags on sale w/ free shipping $160.  Big Lots 5 bags w/ $5 off coupon $120.  Either way I should pretty well stocked to winter.

Last night Beff helped out in the dining room.  I pulled tack strips at her place when she bought it, so it's kind of amusing to come full circle.  With her help and a long night we have the wood ready for sanding!  I had picked up a bigger pry bar at Big Lots ($3 is way better than the $9 large ones they had at Home Depot).  That means the rest of the tack strip is up and we even pulled up the half circle at the entry which consisted off plywood and vinyl on top.  I need to pry the other vent covers off of the wall (some idiot painted straight over them), clean out the inside and patch whatever plaster that pulls down.  I'm going to paint so it seems like a wise move to hit those little details as well.  There is also another plug that needs replaced (a 2-pronger).  So, lots of little things I can still do before I need to secure the rental of a sander.  I guess I should start calling around though, right?

Since I'm ahead of schedule I'll indulge a little relaxation this weekend though.  Boo on the chillier temps and rain.  I would really prefer to be finishing the resealing on the decks.

No comments: