Sunday, April 21, 2013

Went back to OUMC today, good message, a bit of a departure from what feels like the norm there.  Before church, a swing past Home Depot to swap out the switches for the right color and to snag two door hinge stoppers.  After church, more running for plants.

Bought the plants for the smaller pots and a hardy hydrangea.  The hydrangea and two sets of columbine plants are in the ground, the ivy is in her new pot, and I've put the plants into the pots.  I quickly realized that the new pot for the ivy isn't exactly the same as the old ones, as the hanger is a large piece of plastic instead of metal, too large to fit into the hook out front, so I had to hack at it a bit to make it small enough to go on the hook.  The small plants and ivy will remain inside still, as it's a bit too cold, but I have to hope that the hydrangea and columbine plants will be okay as they were outside and not in a hot house at the nursery.

I did sand some things down, spotted a few more places that needed a quick patch.  I also pulled out the yellow (bathroom), burgundy (living room), and gray (bedroom) paint, so those spots are touched up.  Well, the living room has its first touch up, I'll need to do a couple more passes on top as the paint was pretty separated and a bit runny.  I'll save the white for another day as that is a much larger undertaking (dining room, stairwell, upstairs rooms).  I do hope the rooms upstairs are a perfect white... if not I'll be recreating the touch up paint job we found when moving into the house in NC.  I probably should feel bad that _I_ have never repainted the upstairs, but I don't.

Made another batch of broccoli salad, so I'll have some quick grub to access... no excuse for not getting more done this week in the evenings, but I'm sure I'll find one.  Didn't touch the light switches yet either.  Yea, I'll be putting that off for a while, I know me.  One day I'll surprise you.

No comments: