Saturday, April 20, 2013

Today I did a little routine cleaning and stopped at the mall as I am again in need of plain black dress shoes.  Didn't find anything in black for the price I desire, but I did find a pair of really cute red ones for $5, I need those like I need a hole in the head. 

I need to get outside and finish up the spring work out there, but it was trying to snow this morning, so yea, totally not buying mulch today, to heck w/ that.  This also confirmed I need not run to get tomato plants just yet.  Instead, I've had my to repair list for around the house growing for a while so I went after supplies, making my trip to Home Depot to get the bits and pieces I know I'll need.

  • They didn't have a kick plate for a 30" door, so that won't get done until I order what I need online.
  • I've got quite a few light switches and one GFCI outlet I need to change out, but I am in no mood to turn off power and play with wires at the moment, especially since I was a doofus and got a couple cream switches instead of white despite having gone around and taking an inventory last night.  I'll blame my three day headache.  I have wanted to replace the switches that some idiot painted straight across for years now but never got around to it.  The GFCI, well, when the ex and I first moved in we added them where they belonged, but one set of white switches and one set of creamin the bathroom just doesn't work for me.  I'm hoping I can get the boxes shifted around and straightened out at the same time, we'll see.
  • The whole house water filters will just need to wait until the tenant goes away for a week for me to change them.
  • Bought a hanging pot to replant the ivy (I knocked the pot over last year and broke the part where it hangs from), but bought the wrong size, so I'll need to run back and make an exchange.  I'm just glad Ollie's has the same ones this year as last!
  • I did buy two columbine plants for out front, but didn't snag anything for the porch planters.  I'm not sure what I want to do there this year, maybe I'll nix the two big pots and go with the three cascading ones w/ smaller plants on the porch instead. 
So, other than shopping what DID I do?  I did patch the holes in walls all over the house at this point, but that's about it.  I really should have dug in further, but it's a start, right?  Tomorrow I'll try to sand those spots down and do touch up paint, except in the dining room which needs completely painted.  I have someone coming to give me a few estimates on tasks early next week.  I'd really like to put a solid revamp in on the dining room.  Not sure if it's feasible, but it would be really nice.  I think it would give me a good impact when people first walk through the front door.


No comments: