Sunday, March 17, 2013

I realized this morning in church that I will forever not feel comfortable there.  I'll always be more comfortable in a Catholic church for this one reason, and this isn't necessarily a complement to the Catholic atmosphere.  You see, I don't want to touch a bunch of strangers.  Let's NOT shake 3 people's hands just to get into the building and then have 5 minutes of everyone just mingling about saying hello and wanting to shake hands.  At least in the Catholic church I can walk in, straight to my seat without needing to speak to anyone.  I'll still loathe the greeting time, but even they have backed off on the whole touchy-aspect, requiring only a quick nod and smile or a quick extension of 'peace' verbally.

I know I'm suppose to WANT to fellowship, but I just don't.  Just allow me to come and go quietly in my own world, and I'm more likely to be there every week.

No comments: