Thursday, February 28, 2013

I just noticed this post sitting in drafts... not sure why, but here's one from about a week ago:
I've gotten distracted with a few other more "urgent" to-reads since starting it, but I just finished up The Host, Stephanie Meyer's post-twilight book.  First I have to point out that the cover I have is not the one on the edition to which I've linked, but by golly that is pretty close to how I pictured Melanie... and I can see the brunette guy being Jared and the blonde Ian.  Kinda freakish, maybe she did a better job describing them than I realized.

Fairly thick book (600ish pages), a good read with a decent story that kept me interested and eager to read.  Like her other books it's not written at a hard-core level, which is probably perfect for me, it required very little thought and I could keep the story line in my mind even when I took time away from the book for other reads.  If you are a twilight hater don't read it.  But if you like Meyer's writing style and don't mind yet another

No comments: