Sunday, December 23, 2012

Yesterday I was pretty sure it was time for me to just create a burrow and crawl in for a few months.  We didn't get much in the way of snow, definitely on the lower end of the spectrum for what the weather warning emails were calling for, but it definitely got cold and the wind was kicked up pretty good.  I forced myself to amble out briefly on Saturday and decided quickly I was NOT heading to the event on my calendar that evening... instead I took to the oven and baked up a batch of brownies and a tray of pumpkin bars to share as I move about through my other holiday appointments.

The first was today with the Laws.  Even if the sun hadn't come out to warm things up a bit and clear the roads of better they are always worth the trip over the river and through the woods.  As a result of this visit, I've officially become a fan of Froelich's butcher shop after just one bite of bacon.  Bacon?  Does this family know their way into my heart or what?!  But just in case I was tough to impress there was screwdrivers with fresh squeezed oj.  A visit with them, even if we spent it sitting in a closet talking is always, always, always a treat.

I came back and tortured the fuzzies for a little while before heading to Off the Rak with Beff and Slips for a bite to eat, exchange, and time to catch up.  The food there hasn't been up to snuff the past few times... it's okay, just not something that has me ready to run back down that way any time soon.  At least we got to sit and enjoy each other's company.

I'm home and ready to crawl into my nice warm bed after a busy day... best part?  Two more days before I have to go back to work.  Yay!

No comments: