Friday, November 09, 2012

I'm really getting use to and loving getting my hours in earlier in the week and bailing early on Friday afternoon.  I came home and tended to the girls at a leisurely pace, relaxing a bit, then headed out... first I stopped and grabbed some harvest pancakes at VD.  Yep, 4pm and I was eating dinner.  I had a hunger for some good cakes and they sounded yummy, plus, since I was heading to a happy hour for a few beers I needed the carby/bread based grub.  Top off doing something to lengthen my Friday night (above) with Monday off and this is going to feel like a mini-vacation weekend money down!

While I was waiting for my food I saw an older couple leaving, the gentleman had a Korean War Vet hat on... I felt compelled, so I stepped outside of my comfort zone and approached him long enough to excuse myself and say "thank you for your service, happy Veteran's day" and to shake his hand.  I've decided to challenge myself (and others, consider yourself served by reading this) to find 5 people before the end of this long weekend, strangers, to reach out and thank for their service.  Will I find 4 more this weekend?  We'll see.

Anyhow, from there I headed to Southside to wish SmElliott and Sridar a fond fair well.  Today, we truly lost two very intelligent members of our company family.  It was good to get out and see/talk with so many folks old and new... but why do we wait until people are leaving?

I needed a relaxing start to the weekend after last night.  I had a bit of a spat here at the house, and I have no one to blame but myself (wasn't monitoring to make sure the one treat got eaten).  This leaves me quite disappointed in myself as a bad mom, but it also leaves me relieved that it wasn't due to a regression in any of the medications we've been having great success with in recent months.  Everyone is okay and even the post squabble grumpy amongst the girls dissipated quickly.

No comments: