Sunday, September 16, 2012

Where did you go weekend?  Always in a blink of an eye, right?

Saturday night I cleaned up after my walk just in time to head to OperaFest.  I got tickets from work, so I went.  Opera isn't exactly my thing, but it was pretty decent.  Of course, the retardedness that followed was displeasing.  I managed to drop my keys between the seat and the door as I was getting out of the car.  Of course, I didn't realize that until I went to leave and couldn't find my keys.  Gratefully Beff was there, so I was able to get her copy of my house key to come back and get my spare keys.  I really really really hate making stupid mistakes.

So, today I headed to Altoona after jumping the Durango.  I've pretty much decided I need to call the place that put in the starter or the shop and have them put in a kill switch for the damn starter, cause it HAS to be what is sucking me dry.  Today it was so dead it couldn't even unlock the doors w/ the remote.

When I pulled in at mom's I noticed steam coming from the edge of the hood.  F.  Popped it and you can tell something kind of sprayed.  Mom called an uncle who came to help, once again I feel like a huge pain in the ass in a way that 1000 thank yous cannot cure.  All in all I got lucky, it was a broken clamp around a rubberish pipe.  With that broken I had antifreeze leaking out, hitting the fan belt and getting kicked up.  I had ENOUGH leaked out that I was pretty much dry.  Note that the vehicle was NOT running hot at that point.  I was a bit nervous coming back up the mountain, but things appear to have held.  *sigh*  It's always something, right?  At least this was an inexpensive something.

No comments: