Saturday, August 11, 2012

I accomplished a good bit today and it's not even 7pm, so I feel the need to catalog my accomplishments somewhere - as if that makes them more real.  As I previously posted one walk was in early today, then the trip at lunch time to celebrate with Dani.  From there I literally cleaned a bunch including the kitchen sink.  The bathroom floor, 3 loads of laundry (including my sheets and fur collecting blanket for the foot of the bed), vacuuming, some dusting, and then I headed outside.

I yanked out more of the clingy type growths that were too near my fence and gathered them up with the sticks and branches I was collecting outside the fence line after each storm and took them out front.  Then the craziness hit me.  One fact is - if I pull out some type of tool I go bat-shit crazy with it.  Out came the pruning tools and down came a whole mess more of those cursed bushes out front and the remnants of the way too tall flowers that are mostly died off.  I guess before I know it I will be out there pulling up nasturtiums and gathering their seeds.  Hopefully the township or garbage people will take some of the HUGE PILE that is out there to be hauled away first.  Honestly, the pile from the last snow storm of the year was never taken, so I don't know how lucky I'll get.  I've wanted a chipper for quite a while now, as one could make quick mulch of that huge pile, but I suspect it would just be another tool that would work for a brief period of time and die on me.

Now, the final thing I accomplished... watching the last two episodes of Farscape.  I'm sure I've watched them at some point in the past, but it's taken a year but I finally went through all of the DVDs.  Now to watch Peacekeeper Wars again, that might be on the docket for tonight.  I did promise myself another short walk... but I did shower after the outside work.

OH... and I picked the very first tomatoes and single pepper I had growing.  I think everything will start to shift to red at this point in tomato land.  As for the peppers, I have some blossoms just trying to turn into peppers.  Not sure how far they'll get before things get too cold.

No comments: