Wednesday, May 23, 2012

So, yesterday when I got home and put the dogs out I heard a yelp that sent me running to see what was going on.  None of them were near each other, so I assumed someone just got surprised by a pot hole that Saffy created or a foot got turned the wrong way.  During the night Dani woke me up a few times with a quick yelp - you know, like if you accidentally step on their toes?  This morning she didn't want to walk down the deck stairs and after I carried her down she just laid down in the grass, no desire to potty.
 
Needless to say, I went to work long enough to wait until I could call the vet and to gather my stuff to come home.  I had tried moving her legs around and she didn't express any issues for me, but when we got to the vet she did cry out at her left hip being manipulated.  So, at least we know what the issue is.  I admit, I was worried - because if it's not a leg then what is it?  Back?  Something worse - internal pain?  We came home with some anti-inflamatories and I got her to take one w/ a little bit of food.  Now to keep Saffy entertained w/o her play buddy for the next few days.  She's barking at her right now as a matter of fact.  This could be a long few recovery days.

No comments: