Sunday, May 20, 2012

I made the mistake of leaving a show about Hurricane Katrina on tv.  I sat here for a good while thinking "how awful" and feeling sympathy.  My feelings started to shift when I heard the recorded calls to police with a woman saying "but we have two small children here, what do we do?" after the dispatcher told her that all officers were off the streets for their own safety.  I was 100% back to my previous attitude after seeing the clip of a woman calling to her dog at the bottom of a flight of stairs while the dog struggled to clutch to a floating table then she says "I think she's drowning".  I actually SCREAMED at the TV "get down there and save the dog you f*cking b*tch!"  Why am I surprised?  These people were too stupid to do something to protect themselves - Why would they put forth effort to save their dog?  Why wouldn't they expect someone to risk their lives for their children when they didn't bother to take action?

I may not make all of the right decisions, but if one I make leaves my life in danger, don't feel bad for me, I deserved it.  But for God's sake - save my puppies, they don't deserve it.

No comments: