Thursday, May 31, 2012

F.  It was a stressful day at work, lots to accomplish right now thanks to a big focus shift and a near deadline.  I'm surprised I didn't leave w/ a tension headache.  I went for my walk, I made dinner, and thought I'd take Saffy out for a quick drive (to charge up the Durango) and to get ice cream as a treat at the end of a day that could drag my mood down.

We drove around a bit and then I stopped so I could take a couple photos.  I left the Durango running.  When I came back and took it out of park the brake pedal sunk to the ground and it started to roll.  No indicators on or anything else giving me a clue, I put her back into park and started to make phone calls.

She should have gotten towed to Wagner's by now... she needed an appointment down there anyhow, but I was waiting for my inspection paperwork to arrive.  I have a nice laundry list of things for them to look at... now we can add to that list dead brakes.  Now, initially I just chalked this up to "ya know the brakes haven't felt right since I got the new ones last year" but I've thought it was prb just rotors needing tended to.  Then I start flipping through the owner's manual while I waited for my hero (Beff) to come snag me and see that a poorly connected electrical device could cause issues with the brakes too.  F.

If after all of these years that I put off getting a remote starter because I was afraid of electrical issues... if after I waited until it was out of warranty, if after I debated up to the last minute denying the Christmas gift there is something wrong w/ Autumn BECAUSE of that starter I will so not be happy.  I guess my good side is she did start right up tonight.  *sigh*

With these three girls I can't not have that big-ass vehicle.  I can't not have it in the winter around here.  She only has 30k miles.  I don't care if she's 9 years old, she shouldn't have such issues.

No comments: