Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The end of my weekend was also quite awesome hanging w/ a crew at the Schmou's on Monday night.  We've had some pretty good storms whipping through here in the past few days that have helped to take the heat out of the air a bit - it's been a hot few days!
 
I keep seeing articles on the little vessels of cubans rescued by cruise ships.  Ok, I get you can't leave them there, it's dangerous, but why exactly isn't the Coast Guard called out to deal with them?  I'd hope it doesn't delay the ship much and thus the passengers, but I'd be pretty pissed if I were delayed for something like that.  Go ahead, when you're done calling me a heartless bitch I'll continue.  It's true!  Why should the cruise lines incur costs like that?  And who pays to send them back?  I'm sure it's you and I.  Even if it was the Coast Guard the costs to us are, I'm sure, obscene.  I think it's all rediculous.
 
Why does our country struggle so much with illegal immigration?  Are the legal methods THAT difficult to follow?  If so, let's fix the process, so we have a solid argument to crack down on illegals.

No comments: