Monday, April 23, 2012

 Woke to about 5ish inches of heavy wet snow outside (as measured on the deck rail).  This had the golden chain trees out front leaning most of the way over, they are small enough that I can still shake them clean a bit w/ a broom, thank goodness.  The maple tree just off the deck wasn't as lucky, so I have one of the lower branches broken part way off - the branch that held my wind chime.  I'm such a sucker for animals and plants that I wanted to cry for her, like she's in pain.  Hopefully there won't be more injuries about my yard, and if there are, I pray they avoid the house and fence.  More snow coming through tomorrow.... fingers crossed.
 
The roads are pretty clear considering the area's lackluster response in most snow situations.  So I got to work a wee bit early, Autumn (the Durango) started right up, thank goodness.  We are probably heading home a bit early too, so I can monitor the accumulations and reprecussions of such.

No comments: