Sunday, April 22, 2012

I slept really late (at least late compared to how I've been on weekends as of late).  I'll attribute it to some good dreams... not the one that won't go away in my dreams, but instead the one I'd be happy to dream about every night.  Silly boy, you totally picked the wrong girl 7 years ago.

So, the big topic of the day - the snow storm.  Make sure windows are locked - check.  Furnace running a-okay - check.  Fireplace good to go - check.  Candles in case power goes out - check.  Cell phone charged - in progress.  Extra comforters/blankets ready to go - check.  Bird bath emptied of water - check.  Going to make a batch of stuffed shells later this afternoon as well.  I guess I also need to pull the snow shovel back up to the front porch too.  Boo!

I guess I'm as ready for this storm as I can be.  Hopefully the leafy tree branches don't come tumbling down on me.  Now the weather channel is saying 12-18" in Johnstown.  Oh you best believe I am going to whine about this.  I know we got exceedingly lucky this winter, but I still don't like it.  I almost wish I had brought my laptop home from work this weekend - just in case it is a hot mess and/or the Durango opts to not cooperate again.

While I wait for it to start I'll watch what might be the Pens' last game and then perhaps head to meet Beff's new kitty, Dyson, before he grows out of kitty-dom.  Maybe I'll go grab the computer too, just in case.

No comments: