Saturday, April 21, 2012

I rolled back over for a little while this morning and while I didn't sleep late, it was late enough that it looked like the day was going to be ruined by rain.  I headed out to do my normal 'running' (Ollies, Big Lots) and the weather held, so I came back to get on top of the mulch.  A few hours later I was left a good bit achy, but at least the front yard is looking crisper.  The mulch is down everywhere it belongs, seeds underneath in the main flower beds, two new blooming plants in the beds by the stairs, and the poseys purchased for the hanging baskets and porch pots are all in place.

Of course, this afternoon I then got the winter storm warning email telling me that from Sunday evening through Tuesday morning we could have in excess of 6 inches of snow, up to a food in higher terrains.  Uh, yay.  So, now the hanging baskets and porch pots are sitting in my dining room.  I guess I'll really be hoping the Durango is back in order to start one or two mornings next week, eh?  I turned the heat back on already as the rain did eventually come and cool things down a bit more.

Oh, and to continue the streak of things around here having issues?  First, I swapped out the batteries in my smoke detectors.  The one near the kitchen then just starts squealing and doesn't turn off.  Then I was in the basement to feed the girls dinner and noted a spot on top of the hot water tank that didn't look as dusty as the rest (see, my filth helps me see problems too).  Yep, leaking pipe above it.  WTF.  I also think the drain from the apt bathroom is leaking in the garage.  SO not cool.

No comments: