Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I think my mailman decided the best way to not deliver me the wrong mail is to not bother deliver my mail at all.  I had a card out today and it was still there when I came home, so you tell me what that means.

I spent a little time in the apartment tonight.  The painting is definitely scraped, so the rest of the curtains and decorations are back up.  I was going to try and patch a hole in the recliner, but the fabric won't hold up to an iron, so that's out.  So, I'll be trying to find a replacement I guess.  I tried to run to Wolfs and the used furniture store on Scalp, but both were closed before 7pm.  Value-it has a few options, but they're all still nearly $200.  So here's hoping someone at work is maybe trying to get rid of one.

I don't think I need to rush however, as I've only had one person actually come to see it and they didn't seem very interested.  So, there's the chair and the need to get the bed over there.  I'll give it another day or so and I'll just try and get it down the stairs and to the apartment on my own.  For now, I'm still sore from my efforts earlier in the week, particularly my hands.  I've got things shaking out for the next so many days, so I don't know how much I'll accomplish in the near term either.

Good life lesson tonight from Oprah, but one that is tough for me to just accept at face value in practice.  "When someone shows you who they are, believe them."  Someday I'll stop learning that lesson the hard way and start running the other direction at the first demonstration.

No comments: