Thursday, June 23, 2011

I returned my sister and niecey-poo to the airport yesterday. Weather was good for the drive, so it wasn't awful. I got a little break after dropping them off and enjoyed a hella good crab cake with Rex at Union Jack's. Nom! I had to switch out the potatoes, and nothing really screamed, so I ordered the apple slaw. Ok, I'm not much of a cole slaw person, but it was really frickin good too! Got home tired as could be, so I slept mighty well last night.

Today, back to another long work day. I had an offer there that just adds to my stress. When you're looking at a finite amount of tasking you don't want to say no to anything, but I'm just not much for being on the road... I just want to be at home with my girls. So, I dunno what to do there. Like I needed another decision that I want someone else to make for me, right?

After work I picked up more drugs for Vixie. Two meds a day now to try and put the thyroid levels somewhere they should be and, moreso, hopefully put the mood in a better place. I also snagged this week's dose of fresh veggies from the CSA (again, thank you Laws for making me aware of this option). Dinner is already made and in my belly, so the snap peas are gone gone gone! One thing is for sure, I remember why I would rather get those nice sterile looking heads of lettuce. Seriously don't like the dirt on fresh lettuce. Yes, I know that's what it grows in, it just never seems to clean to my liking. Then there is the swiss chard and radishes. No clue what to do with them... is there anything other thank slicing and putting on a salad to be done with radishes?

1 comment:

Angela said...

I made a nice frittata with the swiss chard on Sunday (and the garlic scapes, too). If you're into sauteed greens, you can serve them that way, too. I'm glad you're enjoying the CSA!