Thursday, June 30, 2011

I wanted to post yesterday, but the remainder of my day 'off' after getting back into town was packed. I was up just after 4am to catch my flight back from Milwaukee – and driving back from the burgh after 9am. Back into town just after 11 and then a few stops on the way to having lunch with Beff, then down the hill for the Durango to get inspected.

Another $400 inspection on this vehicle now. Thanks for using that new, wonderful, spray crap on the roads in the winter PA – it only ATE my brakes and rotors. *grumble growl* I tried to wait for the vehicle and fell asleep there in their waiting area, but alas they needed to drop me off due to the challenge they were having getting the old brakes off of the vehicle. Guess what that means? I got to pick the girls up in the Tib. Three very fuzzy butts shedding like mad. Drake will never be the same.

I did get my new catalogs and some sample items ordered last night, but I still went to bed early. I guess I should give you the full spill on the 2011 lia sophia conference. It was, again, a nice few days spent with the ladies. I had the pleasure of getting to know two more fellow advisors better while sharing a room.

I had been rocking my diet until this trip. On the flight I successfully turned down the stewardess' offer of pretzels or a cookie, but when I checked in they handed me a cookie – a WARM cookie. I made it to the room fully intent on handing it over to someone else, but they had already stepped out. It was me and the cookie, and I'll confess, the cookie did not survive. I still stuck to some things well, like snagging some fresh fruit for my breakfasts (since it wasn't included at the hotel) and did good at our first day's luncheon… but when it came to the first evening party the cake was not going to be passed up. For the Tuesday night shindig I had decided I was going to be bad – but the world thwarted me as I didn't see a single dessert go by. I did however have a couple of drinks, so that was bad enough, I'd say.

As to the new line of jewelry coming, it's going to turn some heads. The catalog has a new breath of life in it and the designs are a shift from what you've seen in the past. As always they treated us very well with 3 free pieces, including one made JUST for us advisors. I'm also pleased to report they'll be letting us sell from the new catalog in the middle of July, which means BEST PRICING OF THE YEAR! So, if anyone is geared up for the goodies, contact me ASAP so I can help you get them free. I've also got a mid-July open house in the works. Contact me to learn more.

No comments: