Thursday, May 26, 2011

All reports say mom has been feeling better than she was, but as we all know this season isn't a good time for COPD or allergies.

As for me, I came home and whooped out a bit of basics: spraying some weed killer on the front lawn (which effectively means everything that is green in my front yard will be dead), some dishes hand washed and those in the dishwasher away, some boxes of books carried upstairs, and the vacuum run. Not too bad for a Thursday evening by any account... but I still got my butt on that treadmill and amped it up to 45 minutes as opposed to the 30 I've been trying to require of myself each evening. It definitely helps to toss in a movie to get through a slightly longer trek.

Tonight's flick was The Crow. I admit, I still love that movie, even though it's a bit cheesy, and I can still sense the ex tensing up at the scenes that made him nearly shake. At this moment I can say, with relation to exes and trying to be patient for Mr. Right:

Oh it won't rain all the time.
The sky won't fall forever.
And though the night seems long,
your tears won't fall forever.

Oh, when I'm lonely,
I lie awake at night
and I wish you were here.
I miss you.
Can you tell me
is there something more to believe in?
Or is this all there is?

No comments: