Sunday, May 29, 2011

Now I'm cookin' with gas! As many problems as I have with most outdoor equipment, I wanted to share a moment of joy with one particular piece that pleasantly surprised me. Allow me to preface by saying, my neighbor has been taunting me with delightful grilling smells for the past week or two, and it's been on my mind to get the grill running.

The (huge asstm)Weber grill that the ex and I bought roughly 10 years ago kicks butt. I haven't used it in a couple of years, so there it has sat outside with the cover on it, dealing with rain and the abundance of Johnstown snow. Needless to say I needed another tank of propane, but I figured there would be some other issues to tackle to get it running. Hooked up the propane this morning, lifted the lid, opened the gas tank, turned the knob, and pushed the ignite button awaiting disappointment. To my utmost delight - FIRE! First push, no need for the stick lighter or dismantling/cleaning. Weber, you rock.

The grill is out there sizzling away to kill anything off that is inside and I've scraped the bars etc. Ok, I guess now that I have a nice restained deck and a functioning grill I need to plan a cookout. Who's interested??

No comments: