Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Went to my first sign language class this evening! Got corrected on a couple things I was doing wrong and learned a good chunk of words. Now to get practicing! I admit, I kind of knew they didn't sign every word, meaning many words are dropped from ASL, but I hadn't really thought about it. "Tonight you learn alphabet." Sure, we know what that means, but it sounds like a foreigner fresh with English. The implications for someone reading a book or writing a paper are mind boggling.

Midway through class (which was mostly teachers from various schools) they got word of a two hour delay already for tomorrow. Ok, sure it was 5 degrees on the bank sign when I was coming home and yes, they are calling for a wind chill of 15-20 degrees below zero... but c'mon!

No comments: