Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm pretty sure I laid out the preliminary complaints about the latest car and TV issues... but if not, here's the short stories with updates as applicable:

Durango: door lock was acting goofy - started sounding like it was hitting metal instead of the nice gentle locking sound when it reached 15 miles per hour. Now it's making this horrifying squeal. Hiss. It goes in Thursday.

TV in the bedroom: was making a groaning noise when I tried to turn it on and then not turning on. Subsequent attempts to turn it on would work. I did some research on my own and learned that this seems fairly common in this and similar models and is a result of capacitors blowing. The research also told me that it would eventually stop turning on all together. That's what happened tonight, so I fought w/ Samsung's website to get the things I needed to get it fixed. Fortunately, it's still under warranty (3 years is surprising for a TV if you ask me), so I am to ship it off for repair or replacement as they see fit.

Ok, I shouldn't bitch about that, but in the mean time I have no TV in the bedroom again and that is quite disruptive to my routines.

My badge at work went all wacky on me too between yesterday and today after a request to add access through the back parking lot door. Solar flares? My magnetic personality? What gives?

No comments: