Monday, December 06, 2010

I got the kitchen painting done, but they accomplished nothing here today, instead I believe they were off prepping the trim. Instead I sat home waiting for the HVAC guy to come... YAY! I woke up in the middle of the night hearing the furnace running, but not kicking on and blowing. Needless to say it was a rather chilly discovery. I got up and killed the heat as to avoid having anything burn out. For those not in the area, mind you we just finally got our first real snow storm with a reasonable amount of accumulation and some rather nippy temps.

When it was tinkered with in the morning still no luck... but when the guy got here it reset itself without complaint, go figure! $80. Thanks for that. At least he took the time to tell me some basics about the main furnace that might spare me the next time.

In the theme of welcoming a much slower pace for the next few weeks I took a nap after work. Sure there are still pressing needs on the to do list, like finishing Christmas cards and wrapping, but I figured I could slack for a night or two.

No comments: