Wednesday, July 07, 2010

It was a piss in Judy's wheaties kind of evening. First there was the indecisive family in front of me at Ross, which I just swung into on the way home. They were so indecisive, 10 minutes later I could take no more and tossed my two clearance items on the closest rack and left. Now, I don't do that... if I pick something up and later change my mind, I return it to "where I found it" like a good girl. So you know I was at the end of my rope.

That should have set the tone, and I should have known better. Instead, I decided to call DirecTV since several of my channels have been hit or miss lately. I had a very pleasant customer service rep, but she had no clue either. I have no idea what a 'multiswitch' is, but I can promise you it's not on the back of my receiver, no matter how many times you tell me 'on the back of your receiver'. So I look it up and I am betting if I have one it's prb downstairs somewhere (I didn't wire it for goodness sake). Regardless I am not paying $45-50 to have them come fix it for me when things worked and then suddenly didn't and I didn't change a thing.

Here's where the stupidity on my part comes in... so I climbed on out on the roof (yeah, me - brave!) and tried tinkering with it. Of course, the AZ/EL specified is NOT what the guy had it set to - at least not exactly. And... of course, after I started mucking with things, the few channels I had (notice I said had) evolved into a happy little directv symbol (aka - no signal).

On a bright note, without distraction from the TV I got my new catalogs that arrived tonight all stamped and ready to rock. Now, if only it would cool off so I could straighten things out upstairs (again). The sister and niece (eventually) got in to SCE today... so hopefully I'll get to steal the kiddo to hang out sometime soon.

No comments: