Sunday, July 04, 2010

It was definitely a raccoon, got a good look at it yesterday as it spent the whole day up in that tree. Didn't get much done so far this weekend thanks to one heck of a boomer headache that a variety of meds only took the edge off of. You know I hurt when I take two of anything and today I found some success with two excedrin severe tabs. Saffy is still not feeling well (loose) so during my grocery run (that's one thing off of the to do list) I snagged some instant rice for her.

Last night I got up in time to head to my tattoo appointment. Yes, I know, like I needed number 11 and 12, but they're on there now! Let me explain the first one... ok, the hockey theme was long time coming, no surprise there to anyone that I wanted something hockey, but if you haven't known me forever you don't know how much I loved Tom from Tom and Jerry when I was young. I had a stuffed one that talked, well he talked for part of his life, that I drug around to the point that my mother tried to bury him a few times. He was pretty ass kicked. Dad had sewn him back together numerous times, his ears were nibbled off, the back of his head was pushed in, he was well loved. The ass kicked Tom comes from an episode where Tom has a book of ideas on how to catch Jerry. At one point it says "a cornered mouse won't fight back". Needless to say he is behind the wall and gets his butt kicked, then turns the corner and speaks (which is uber-rare) saying "Doooon't you beeelieve it" in an incredibly eerie voice. Love it. That look was the inspiration for Tom's face, minus a few teeth of course.

The second was inspired by Mar, who recently got her maiden name put on her wrist, and it looks AWESOME btw. I instead put my maiden name on my back below my cross. I had to brighten the photo so it was clear to see, but the red is definitely all me. I'll tell you this, after seeing a name like Maucieri in 200+ fonts it starts to look like it's spelled wrong pretty fast. Either way, this is the first step in transitioning back. When I need to renew my passport I can kiss coposky goodbye.

Today, at least while I'm feeling a bit better, I am hoping to get a few little things done like updating the Miche catalogs w/ the minis. I ordered my fall/winter line of lia items yesterday and I can't wait for them to get here!

1 comment:

Whistler said...

love 'em.