Sunday, July 25, 2010

In my attempts to not go out to eat as often this weekend I've instead found myself not wanting to make anything and hungry. At the moment I'm baking a batch of brownies and cooking the last of the frozen homemade spaghetti sauce, so I guess I need to buy tomatoes and ground beef next time I hit the grocery store.

Saturday night I made a stop at home depot looking for another bush to replace the one in the backyard that hasn't survived (I've got a gap that makes it apparent one is missing) and to get some more bulbs. Neither did they have there, so I ended up leaving with black eyed susans, some russian sage, and a couple other small flowering perennials. This morning I got up quite early to beat the heat and still was dripping wet by the time I finished outside. I also got the yearly raking behind the fence and clearing of what I thought was poison ivy but I now think is virginia creeper done.

They had some beautiful calla lilies there, but I wasn't about to pay $9 for a small batch of them. I'll wait til spring to get some bulbs (lesson learned, they get planted in the spring as opposed to tulip bulbs).

No comments: