Friday, February 26, 2010

I worked from home today so I could keep up with the latest foot of snow that hit us - I was outside shoveling four times today - fun times. Fat chance relaxing at the game too, we gave up on our seats after the first period, by then our ears were ringing and we were covered in popcorn from the slew of 5 or 6 year old boys (demon spawn?) behind us.

Last night was an onslaught of telephone calls (everyone knows how much I LOVE the phone, right) and fighting with my computer which promptly appeared to have gotten infected with a little bastage that masks itself as "Vista Internet Security". Of course, I'm intelligent enough to realize that nothing actually within Vista would disallow me to hit everything except for their site to purchase software (shocking considering my opinions of Micro$oft, but true), but I can imagine others would be easily fooled. Truly though, when you're hijacking someone and pointing them to where you make a purchase you'd think that you'd be able to CATCH the criminals behind that master plan, no? After I boggled briefly, I rebooted in safe mode which bought me enough time to hit a site that detailed the fix and pointed me to the software I needed to strip that off of my computer.

Also, for those so inclined, please do say a prayer for my mother's health and well-being. She's been having issues as of late again and needing her oxygen 24-7.

No comments: